Gå til innhold

Where would you fly to...?

Geert Rolf

Anbefalte innlegg

My first thought: "Oops, short runway" (1720m) :confused:

I don't know how thick the concrete of the Røros runway is? Can it hold an aicraft of 140 - 160 tons?

I have not told you one restriction: this Simulator only gives you choise between DC-10 model 10 and DC-10 model 30.

Page 23 of http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/dc10sec3.pdf tells us the landing requirements. Without load and with only little fuel left I think we can land. Safely? Hmmmm, very good question. :D

Take-off: at page 19. Can do at full throttle. Allow engines to spool up while holding at threshold.

Takk for your response!

Geert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

To Reidars suggestion, I'd switch Røros with Trondheim/ ENVA as destination (TORA/TODA/LDA 09/27 2699/2909/2446 resp. 2564/2864/2424).

Agree on the add-ons and simulator already suggested, but would have added both Norway Quality Mesh and Norway Scenic though (both found in the file library here) and hoped for VMC most of the journey. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Molde requires that all crew members have passed swimming exams and regular training. :grin:

Halvdan: Vaernes is on the to-do list. (will explain later)

Takk!

Geert

P.S. Got another idea from a well known Norwegian FlightSimmer:

ENGM-ESSA-EKCH (short turn-around time at ESSA)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ok, Gert.

How about making it simple, safe, but not quite that spectacular on the scenery though?

Suggestion Stockholm Arlanda as a destination.

Additional add-ons for this trip: GE Pro, UT Europe and last but not least the free beautiful sky- and cloud textures HDE (High Definition Environment) v2.0 by Pablo Diaz. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Halvdan: Vaernes is on the to-do list. (will explain later)

As some of you may know, the Link Miles DC-10 Simulator in Lillestrøm is interfaced to FS9 (or FSX) for cockpit view only. Although FS9 covers the whole world you can only land on airfields the original Sim software knows about (position of runway, length, bearing, beacons, elevation).

Couple of weeks ago we started defining new airports and flew Paris CDG to Gardermoen. (Watch the landing here:

) We can now select Gardermoen Gate 50 as starting position and are testing data for Bergen Flesland.

Other airports on the list: Vaernes, Kastrup, Arlanda, Schiphol. There are limitations in number of airports etc and we have a set of existing (mainly US) airports that we want to keep.

We now have the plan to make separate disk for European airports (We have Paris CDG and London Gatwick) and more or less start from scratch. That opens more opportunities: Sola, Manchester, some Swedish airports, other Norwegian airports etc etc.

Anyone having suggestions...?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Can Alta really handle a DC-10?

In theory, I think yes. (see tables in earlier posting)

In practice: I think Norwegian FlightSimmers like the challenge of flying in situations where there is no room for error... :o

ENGM-ESGG-EKCH-ENCN-ENGM.
Certainly one we will look into!

Takk to all who responded sofar!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Are you trying to say that landing an A340-200 in Narvik is impossible?

I'm saying: can land in theory, but safety margins are minimal. no room for error. The crew can take fuel for just a touch-'n-go and fly to a better place or dump fuel to the last drip and land.

Dragchute and carrier hooks and cables (takk, Geir) may help. ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It´s a great "good-bye-career" flight though..

Reminds me, last summer an EI- registered price-fighter rejected take-off. Can happen... A journalist aboard blogged "the nose-wheel was off the ground". Plane stopped before end of runway. Investigations still in progress - no obvious conclusions yet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...