Gå til innhold

The Great Alaskan Tour - Del 5

Anbefalte innlegg

Det er helg og enda en etappe i "The Great Alaskan Tour" er unnagjort. Denne gang Del 5. Enjoy! :)

After a couple of days where I followed the photographers i ferry down to Angoon they told me that they really would like to go to Funter Bay to document a demonstration up there regarding the derportation of Aleuts during WWII. Well, I had nothing better to do, and I needed to get to Juneau to get my beloved Beaver soon. I asked the owner of the Porter if he needed to get the plane back to Juneau and with my luck I was able to take the Porter.

We headed off early next morning, almost at the same time the sun went up.

LeavingAngoon.jpg

The weather was ok, a bit scattered clouds and a little wind but I had no worries. I knew this plane good and felt safe. The trip up to Funter Bay went smooth and soon we was docked at the camp.

DockingFunterBay.jpg

Some has had a good hunt this year

Bear.jpg

I had plans to stay there a couple of hours and follow the photograps in their job, but suddenly my Boss called me. "Where are you now?" he asked. I told him I just had arrived Funters Bay and he told me to get going to Juneau right away. "There is a big crisis, You know the yearly Bush Pilot Association meeting in Haines? The beer for that BBQ party is missing. You need to go to Skagway and pick up whatever they have there. Better take a aircraft that can handle that cargo!"

I understood the crisis, and told him would be in the air in five minutes. I hurry back to the plane and took off in a hurry. I had to save the big meeting in Haines.

During the short flight to Juneau I called the Boss again, and asked if we had a bigger airplane than my Beaver in Juneau, and the Boss told me that i needed to take the Goose. This will be a huge cargo, a lot of thirsty bush pilots you know! The Boss told me that he would fly my Beaver to Haines for me and take the Goose from there.

I was a bit nervous when I landed at Juneau, the time went fast and I had to be in Skagway later today, and back at Haines before the evening when the pilots arrived. Thank good the weather looked good. At least in Juneau.

JuneauTouchdown.jpg

I delivered the Porter to the pilot using to fly the plane, and hurried over to the terminal. The Boss meet me there and handed over the Goose and told me to fill her up all the way, we need all the beverage we can take, and hurry!

While I was taxing to take off i passed a Fed Ex plane, and I was thinking, why didn't we hire that one.. but realized that it might have problem landing in Skagway.

TaxingJuneau.jpg

Soon I had air under my wings again and as I passed over Juneau Intl I crossed my fingers and hope the weather wouldn't make any problems.

JuneauLeaving.jpg

The weather was fine, and I was able to do some sightseeing on the flight as well, the plane behaved perfectly and was a fine old lady.

Here I'm passing Eagle Glacier on the left and Herbert Glacier on the right.

Glaciers.jpg

The fjord in to Skagway is pretty narrow and a mighty view.

LynnCanal.jpg

The landing in Skagway went well, just a little windy, and soon I helped out loading the aircraft with all the beverage, i think we emptied Skagway with beer.

SkagwayCargo.jpg

Nick waved me good bye and and soon I was airborn for the short flight to Haines and the BBQ-party. I just hope I was landing in time.

SkagwayGoodbye.jpg

I arrived to Haines without problems, and had lot of time to unload the cargo. Now I just had to relax, enjoy the party and the meeting and meet all my good friends flying for Alaskan Winds. Some of them I haven't seen at all and some of them I haven't seen in months.

Haynes.jpg

Everything ready for the BBQ, the grill is ready for some heavy steaks and the beverage is cold.

HaynesBBQ.jpg

After partying and having a couple of days with good company I suddenly got a call from the Jenkins. They was in Haines because Mrs. Jenkins had to go to the Hospital for some stomach treatment, but she was ready to go back to the cruise ship they was traveling with and they asked me if I could ferry them to Excursion Inlet where the cruise ship was waiting. I told them that this wouldn't be any problem, as I had to be in Gustavus the next day anyhow, as my Boss had new adventures waiting for me there. We decided to meet at the airport in Haines, and soon we was on our way.

HaynesLeaving.jpg

The flight gave the Jenkins couple a quite a sight seeing in the good weather and as last time they was so happy that I could ferry them.

Soon we fly down the vally to Excursion Inlet and there was a lot of boats there and also the cruse ship as arranged.

Boat.jpg

We passed by the cruise ship to land against the wind.

Cruise.jpg

Cruise2.jpg

As soon as my passengers left the Beaver I was on my way to Gustavus. I would arrive a day earlier than planned, but I was planning to visit my friend Karl which operated a Glacier Bay helicopter tour company.

CruiseLeaving.jpg

It was a very short flight to Gustavus and I was happy to land and eager to meet my friend I haven't seen in months.

As I left the airplane I was wondering what adventures my Boss would give me next.

Gustavus.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Emil-André Gundersen
litt tung pilatus :grin: flotte bilder :)

hehe.. du la merke til det ja ;).... den var fullastet med fotoutstyr og det veier sine kilo vettu :)... sleit som bare det for å vinne høyde når jeg reiste fra Angoon :)

Du ble sikkert bare litt våt på Bena :grin:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk for positiv feedback folkens :)

Det er morro dere liker "historiene" mine og bildene som følger med. Det har på en måte blitt en liten "konkurranse" sånn helt uskyldig blant oss som flyr "The Great Alaskan Tour" om å presentere en god historie som underbygger bildene på de leg'ene vi flyr.

Neste leg forlater også syd-vestre Alaska og vi beveger oss nordover og kanskje østover, så her blir det nye utfordringer.

Ivar

Bakketexturene tilskrives Ground Environment X som er helt utrolig og med en god detaljrikdom. Ikke for det FSX i seg selv er heller ikke dårlig.

Vannet kommer fra Flight Environment X og med riktig lyssetting så blir det helt utrolig innimellom.

Ernst

Jeg kan love deg at jeg kommer til å presentere en bildeserie og en story fra hver etappe på turen, iallefall helt til dere skriker ut i frustrasjon over hvor lei dere er denne turen :D

Som regel flys etappene i helgen, så ca. hver søndag dukker det opp et nytt kapittel i denne serien :)

Her kommer to "bonus-bilder." Det første fra trening i å lande på elve-bredd/strand og det andre fra "vannsurfing", en teknikk som er bra å beherske ved elvebredd-landinger.

bonus.jpg

Bonus2.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...