Gå til innhold

Ny pilotklient på vei

Even Rognlien

Anbefalte innlegg

Godt å se litt utviklig hos Vatsim igjen! :)

Kan jo også nevne at Vatsim Germany er i full gang med å ordne en egen model repository ("AI-pakke") for Vatsim, slik som IVAO har: link Her kan alle bidra med sine egne AI-modeller/paints og alt vil bli samlet i en installer. Nettsidene for prosjektet er midlertidig kun under testing virker det som, men de vil gjerne at folk sjekker dem ut og kommer med feedback.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nytt angående ny model repository:

As requested / promised here the status of the repository registration as of today:

Summary: As of today the project is going to fail. Participation is far too low' date=' we are not even close to getting an adequate number of models.

[b']Details:[/b]

1. Main purpose of the registration is to get models / paintings from the respective authors (donate), or at least to obtain their contact data (authors) so that we can ask them about using their work. Here we get almost no feedback. In a nutshell:

1. Hints such as “use all AVSIM models” are not helpful, as we require the legal permission of the authors.
    2. Sites such as “XY model site” are usually not interested supporting another repository, as this would draw attention away from their site.
    3. Even if such sites are willing to cooperate, they usually only have obtained the author’s permission for their very repository and cannot simply grant the right to others (in this case us, VATSIM).
    4. However, if someone has good contacts to one of the major sites and can establish a contact, he is still encouraged to contact me. If we would get a whole bunch of models at once, this is most welcome.

[*] There are some registrations of virtual airlines (VA). If the major project fails we could think about a single place for VA models and paintings.

[*] One concern was, that if we had a repository we would create too much traffic distributing it (and hence costs). Donations of web space / traffic (here) are quite OK, so this would not be an issue. We could certainly assemble enough capacity to distribute the models (if we had any). Thanks so far for the prospective support regarding this topic.

[*] Some people volunteered to join the project (here), not as many as I have expected, but enough to get started.

Open questions: Why is participation so low?

1. Do we promote the project enough? So far I have seen some announcements of the project in some places. I am glad and grateful about this support! But if I compare it to the marketing of one single major event, I have the feeling there is room for improvement. Flyer: http://vrep.vatsim-germany.org/Flyer.html
  2. People are just not interested, they already have their models.
  3. Other reasons - let me know!

Conclusion:

1. If contribution remains as low as it is today, it will certainly make no sense to invest more efforts in it.
  2. If the VATSIM community thinks it is good to have such a repository, at least the marketing for it needs to be increased. We need to get models or contact data, that’s the key. I cannot take care of marketing – this has to be provided by the VATSIM community and whoever feels responsible for it. Basically the community has to embrace the project.
  3. I will keep the registration open until end of May. If participation remains as low as it is today, I will stop it (please do not see this as a threat, it is simply not making sense to continue in such a situation).

I am open to any ideas how we could improve the situation. Thanks to all who have supported the project so far.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=66765&start=105

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...