Gå til innhold

Dagens jobb i Alaska

Anbefalte innlegg

Fra dagens jobb:

It was my turn to do the "hell flight." Going from Anchorage up To Talkeetna to get todays newspaper and bring them to Victory.

Thats why I had to get up in the middle of the night and had to be at the airport at 02.00 in the night. After checking todays weather report I started to walk out to my Twin Otter. There was hectic activity around my plane and they told me that I had to bring 10 mountain bicycles to Talkeetna as well. Well, No problem for me at all. I started to do my preparation for the trip, not that it should be any problem. The weather was great and almost no winds.

Preparing.jpg

When I was done with my stuff I got the message that the plane was fully loaded and ready to go. Anchorage Intl. is a busy airport, even at nights. A lot of cargo flights to and from Anchorage.

Loading.jpg

I was glad I had company on this trip. A son of one of my friends living in Seattle was going to do some mountain bike cycling and he asked if he could go with me. We started taxing out to the take off runway and I was behind the queen. I just had to wait until my turn.

Taxing.jpg

After a while and clearance enough to avoid wake turbulence the tower gave their clearance and off we go.

LeavingPANC.jpg

Anchorage in the dawn is a pretty city to watch from above.

Anchorage.jpg

by.jpg

After a while we reached our cruise altitude for this trip at 9000 feet and what a view on this clear day.

EnrouteTalkeetna.jpg

Denali.jpg

Parked at Talkeetna we got the message that we had to wait for the newspapers, they was behind schedule du to some problems with the press that night. Well, we decided to see if we could get some breakfast and coffee while waiting.

BreakTalkeetna.jpg

LoadingTalkeetna.jpg

After half an hour they started to load the plane and soon after we was ready to continue our flight and normal startup procedure was done.

Startup.jpg

Enroute to Victory we had a few more clouds, but cruise at 9000 feet did not make any problems. The massive Denali mountians makes an impression.

EnrouteVictory.jpg

Soon we started to descend to Victory and this short runway close by the mountains was demanding.

LandingVictory.jpg

At the airport they had waited for us and a fast unload of the plane and getting the computer equipment loaded in no time and we was soon in the air again.

As we passed Eklutna Lake and Bold Swedmunchy contacted me on the radio telling me that he had just left his cabin near Bold and was enroute to Kodiak with some helikoper parts and that the dispatcher had given him the job to deliver some electronics from Kodiak Mun.

Bold.jpg

At last we reached Anchorage Intl. again and I looked forward to put my legs on solid ground and find a bed as fast as possible. Hopefully iit would go a long time before i had to do a night flight again.

LandingPANC.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk for kommentarene folkens! :)

Gunnar

Addons i bruk her er:

DH Twin Otter fra Aerosoft

FSGenesis mesh, versjon 1 for Alaska/USA (versjon 2 er under produksjon nå)

Taburet Vector X for Canada og Alaska(veier, elver, vann og kystlinjer. Bruker bare delen for Alaska da jeg bruker UTX for Canada)

SceneryTech North America Landclass v1.4

Ground Environment X

Flight Environment X

Active X

Av scenery er det små justeringer av airportfilen til Anchorage Intl. lastet ned fra Avsim.

Tror jeg fikk med meg det meste nå. Er selv ikke helt fornøyd med himmelen, gjorde noen endringer i FEX som jeg ikke er helt fornøyd med.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...