Gå til innhold

The Great Alaskan Tour - Del 4

Anbefalte innlegg

After a weeks stay in Angoon "hunting" bears with my Nikon D80 and waiting for more work to do I finally got a call from the boss. "Hey, get your ass to the Logde in Angoon and find Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins. They need a ride to Taku Lodge and give then a great sightseeing on their way. They are paying good money and if you do a good job we might get the chance to fly them over the glaciers and up to Juneau.

This suited me fine, had seen enough bears for a while and was eager to get air under my wings again.

The couple was already ready to go when I arrived so I just had to do the usual preparations and soon we was in the air.

Leaving Angoon

LeavingAngoon.jpg

Crossing Admiralty Island

CrossingAdmiralty.jpg

Down Seumour Canal

DownSeumour.jpg

We was able to spot a couple of bears with babys on this flight over the island, and the passenges was really happy and was screaming in joy

Glass Island on the left

GlassLeft.jpg

Up to Taku Inlet. The weather has turned a bit bad on us, but not a problem for me, it just gives me more joy to fly in

TakuInlet.jpg

Passing by Taku Glacier, a magnificent sight.

TakuGlacier.jpg

Landed and taxing to Taku Lodge, I was so exited to come here once again. I remember the really good dinner i got the last time, the plan was to stay until tomorrow and my couple would let me fly them up to Devils Paw and then to Juneau.

TakuLodge.jpg

Docked at Taku Lodge

DockedTaku.jpg

After the dinner and a good Whisky I decided to go outside. I brought my camera with me and met a local who was kind enough to take me for a trip on his boat. When returning to Taku Logde I was able to get this picture.

TakuBW.jpg

Fortunately the weather was much better the next day and we started off in good weather. Closing in at Devils Paw before setting the course to Juneau

DevilsPaw.jpg

Soon we was close to Juneu and during our decent I was able to take this picture of Jueau in the evening when we passed by.

ArrivingJuneau.jpg

My passengers went off and went for more adventures. I had to stay in Juneau for a while as my Beaver needed full overhaul of its engine.

I called the boss and told him the trip went very fine, and that Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins would like to book us for a flight later on. I told him that my plane would be out of operation for a while due to a overhaul and that I was not able to fly anyone.

Of course my boss told me that you will have air under your wings later on today. You need to fly a Pilatus Porter down to Angoon again. The plane had been in Juneau delivering fresh bear meat, but the pilot had gone sick and they needed the plane down in Angoon.

I took a taxi out to the airport and found the plane. Talking to owner of the plane on the phone I was told I needed to go to Hawk Inlet to pick up a couple of photograps who needed lift down to Angoon. After a while and checking checklinst and getting comfortable with the Porter we was off again.

LeavingJuneau.jpg

The weather was beautiful and I was looking forward to this trip, first part alone and then some photograps as company. Maybe I was able to get some contact who was interested to buy my pictures as well.

JuneauHarbor.jpg

Channel.jpg

The course is set towards Hawk Inlet

TowardsHawk-1.jpg

The photograps was not arrived yet, so I took my camera to try to catch some sunset pictures.

Sunset.jpg

After an hour we was ready for take off and we was on our way down to Angoon. It would be a great flight, weather was ok and the sunset beautiful. Of course there was a lot of talk about photography and photos.

TowardsAngoon.jpg

TowardsAngoon2.jpg

TowardsAngoon3.jpg

TowardsAngoon4-1.jpg

The time went fast and suddenly we was ready for a landing back in Angoon.

It was great to be back and I looked forward to the next couple of days together with the photograps.

BackAngoon.jpg

But if I know The Boss, he will soon have new adventures for me that I just have to be a part of.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Emil-André Gundersen

Suveren story og noen av de beste bildene jeg harr sett her på forumet ;)

hvilken moddel er det ? pilatusen ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...