Gå til innhold

The Great Alaskan Tour - Del 2

Anbefalte innlegg

Her er min andre del av "The Great Alaskan Tour" som

Alaskan Winds

arrangerer.

After some lovely days in Ketchikan, looking at cruise ships and a lot of tourists, I felt for getting some air under my feet's. During my stay in Ketchikan I got to know the owner of a fishing camp in Bell Island, and I had the opportunity to give a couple of fishermen air transport to their dream of their life. So, I loaded the Beaver with all equipment they needed and we was ready for take of on this beautiful spring day. Finally the winter had gone.

Leaving_Ketchikan.jpg

The trip to Bell Island went without any problem, not even some winds to give me a challenge. Just a calm and clear day.

Back down on water the fishermen started to unload the Beaver, eager to get out on their boat they would use for a week of fishing.

Bell_Island.jpg

I have to say that I feel a lot more safe in my Beaver than on a boat like this.

Bell_Island2.jpg

I was thinking if I should stay a day or two in Bell Island, but suddenly I got a call from Ivan living in Baranof. His new boat had a damaged gear and he needed supplys from Wrangell and he asked me if I had the possibility to pick it up and take the trip out to Baranof.

I told him sure thing, I was planning to take that trip anyway soon, but sure, I would love to take a look at Ivans new boat. He had talked so much about it on the phone the last three times we was talking so I just had to visit him.

I told Ivan that I would be in Baranof as soon as I could, but I had to stop at Petersburg and Kake for some delivery before I could set course for Baranof.

Well, I just had to start up and set my course to Wrangell.

Enroute_Wrangel.jpg

The weather did not changed and the forecast told me that this weather would stay for a couple of days.

Had a nice flight up to Wrangell flying low to enjoy the view. An there was Wrangell right ahead.

Wrangell_ahead.jpg

Did take a stop and got some food and some coffee while I was waiting for the parts for Ivan

Wrangell.jpg

The trip from Wrangell to Petersburg where I had to pick up an engineer for a repair in Kake. So as soon i have got my food, and enough coffe I left Wrangell heading for Petersburg.

Leaving_Wrangell.jpg

I was looking forward to get to Petersburg and pick up my passenger, I felt for some company on the trip further west.

Enroute_Petersburg.jpg

The passenger was waiting for me at the airport and I had just a short stop before heading out to Kake. We had an interesting flight and he told me all about his job, fixing and repairing fishboat smelling like you never would believe. I felt very lucky sitting in an Beaver and didn't need to worry about smell or other problems, everyone know that the Beaver is good as gold.

Enroute_Kake.jpg

Kake.jpg

After delivering the engineer I decided to head out to Baranof right away, I had never landed there myself, and it was starting to get late in the afternoon. The flight went without any problems at all and during descent I came in perfectly, when I hit the water I heard a very bad noise coming from the pontoons. Did I hit anything, what happened?

Landing_B.jpg

I just had to get this plane out of the water and inspect the pontoons, and there.. below the waterline there was a hole, I must have hit something.

Repair_B.jpg

No problem Ivan told me, we fix up your Beaver and then we have to take a short spin with my new boat. The repair of the pontoons was done in an hour and we hurried to Ivans boat for some fun.

Fun_B.jpg

After a couple of hours playing around with Ivans really noisy but so fast new boat, it was time to start up my Beaver and head out to Sikta to pick up some goods I had to return to Petersburg the next day.

As the weather was so nice I decided to just follow the terrain for the trip over the mountains and down to Sitka.

Enroute_Sitka.jpg

Down_Sitka.jpg

Sitka ahead, its starting to get dark and I look forward to the stay in Siktka and get a nights sleep.

Sitka_ahead.jpg

Just a right turn and I'm down on the water again :)

Sikta_Final.jpg

And everything shutting down and I can look forward to a night in Sikta and a cold beer and some good food.

Shutdown.jpg

Thanks for the trip everyone!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...