Gå til innhold

B17 Flying Fortress 2 The mighty eight

Fredrik Hofstad Haugen

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei jeg har ikke fått spillet enda men jeg får det imorgen.

Her følger noen kommentarer fra folks som har fått det.

Dette er utdrag i fra http://www.bombs-away.net" TARGET=_blank>www.bombs-away.net sin b17 2 sin diskusjonsside.

The complexity of this simulation astounds me..If it hasn't got a glitch somewhere I would be stunned..do not be put off by stupid comments about bugs..this game is perfect for rel 1.0 and deserves some realisation that this is a mass of complex code pushed to the limits.

Well I have to say the detail is astounding.

1. As the pilots start up the engines the sound feel and atmosphere are awesome..but take a look at another B17 out of the window starting it's engines..as it starts a plume of smoke comes from the rear of each engine then fades...

2. Try sitting in the ball turret on take-off, the feeling of speed is awesome..plus the wheel tread and detail..wow !!

3. As you sit in the ball turret and rotate the sunlight shadows within the turret and textures are so very natural...The turret drops gently in and out of sunlight.

4. You are sitting in the Top turret and you see 4 approaching aircraft at speed..just dots but you get a slight sunlight flash of their bodywork..they come into view and fly diagonally across the group and out and around, the four 'Little Friends' vapour trails are so smoooth and natural.

5. In combat the sound is chaotic...you really get the controlled panic of the aircrew as wave after wave of fighters swarm the Group.

6. The B17's are beautifully rendered and modelled..almost perfection.

7. The world lighting is fantastic.

8. The map detail and height representation is stunning. Bombing is distracting as you fly over the target..because you begin to notice the ships anchored in the harbour and the detailed buildings..

9. I will dread bombing factories now in case I bomb a school and kill any schoolchildren...

10. The 3d crew are so cleverly modelled and their actions are incredible...i noticed after an ancounter with flak..oh flak is terrifying by the way..that my navigator instruments had developed damage holes etc. and the surrounding compartment had sustained visible damage....

11. If you are still waiting for this game...drool.. as this is just the tip of this masterpieces iceberg.

I bought the original to this but I never thought it would be treated with such detail, care and attention that the programmers have with this...I think they deserve a huge appreciation from all of us.

During the quickstart mission defence of the reich I was amazed when i let the AI take control of the FW190.

The pilot was tracking a P51 when another P51 rolled onto his tail, the 190 then went into a controlled spin and the P51 followed only to find the 190 recover at literally 6ft pulling up to a steep climb, and then BANG! the P51 hit the deck, the 190 then did a victory roll and the pilot said,

"HA HE'S FINISHED" with definate sarcasim in his voice.

I was Amazed.

------------------

Tally HO!

I was playing a mission tonight as a tail gunner (I like that position, don't know why) when I noticed that after a few strafes we were leaning a bit & 'crabbing' slightly. A quick look around confirmed that No 4 engine was out & we were dropping behind. Ah well back into the tail gunner position.

There was another B-17 with a similar problem & he was directly behind me by about 100 yards or so. During a heated scrap a fighter swooped right into my view from behind me (thats the front of the plane remember) smoking away & crashed right into that other B-17, causing an enormous explosion & folding up of the aircraft.

Everything was so loud & confused & I was so engrossed that I jumped out of my seat swearing & goggle-eyed. That was a true 'moment' of suspension of disbelief.

Think what it must have been like for a tail gunner to REALLY see that happening.

------------------

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same"

Jeg gleder meg til imorgen :-)

Dette høres skikkelig bra ut.

------------------

Fredrik "VAFF" Fagernes

1st Lt Rogue Gryffons

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...