Gå til innhold

Flightsimmernes 7 bud.

Gjest

Anbefalte innlegg

Fant dette på AVSIM forumet i kveld.

Dette er opprinnelig skrevet for 3 årsiden, men gjelder i høyeste grad.

Flightsimmernes 7 bud:

1) I will arrogantly and smugly proclaim the flight sim I use and enjoy the penultimate product over all others. All flight sims that I may or may not own, (not having ever seen or used is even better) , will clearly and definitively be proclaimed inferior to the sim of my choice. Comparing features or lack of features between competing sims is the same as questioning one's religion or politics and shall be defended with the same zeal.

2) Flight sim developers should be in the same spiritual plane as the Dali Lama and develop and produce their product solely for idealistic higher purposes. Making a profit is clearly not being part of this higher mission to achieve higher consciousness that I myself follow and immolate in my everyday actions.

3) I expect upon receipt of any given flight sim to immediately tweak, change drivers (beta are the best), edit config.files, use a multitude of different hardware interfaces, turn all sliders to their maximum, run add ins by 3rd party developers, and have the sim work 100% bug free and at 100% efficiency-(having a several year old dated computer is even better) -otherwise I will proclaim it a "beta", "rip-off", and use the word "sucks" (if born after 1980) as much as possible.

4) Any feature which I personally deem important which has been left out of the sim will immediately supersede the thousands that have been included. "Sucks", "beta" and "rip-off" shall be included in any tirade. Any legitimate bug that I shall find shall also supersede a basically well running product, and any of the many thousands of features that do work. The manufacturer will be expected to immediately drop all present and future projects to take care of my personal concern.

5) Simulating a real airplane that may cost millions of dollars that runs exactly like a real one in all respects, in a world and atmosphere that similarly provides 100% reality, is something that should obviously be easy to do on any home computer-especially for under $100 ($20-$30 should be even easier). Not accomplishing this task in every respect is a sure sign of developer rip-off , if it is Microsoft, Bill Gates and M$ must be behind it-if it is a smaller company they should still be held to the same high standards as a company with 100’s of times the resources. The “s”, “b” and “r” words shall be used as much as possible.

6) A third party payware developer shall obviously be criticized for charging too much for their product. The number of hours developing this product and the quality shall be not taken into account. Everyone should be on the pathway to higher consciousness as stated in creed #2, and being paid for one’s time is clearly not part of this path.

Freeware products will be immediately criticized when not providing the same features and qualities of a payware product, and the freeware developer will be expected to lend user support to the same extent as a payware developer. In any case, “sucks” “beta” and “ripoff” shall be applied equally to both freeware and payware developers in all cases.

7) Most importantly, flight simming is not a hobby and certainly not enjoyable. It is a mission, an obsession, and will lead me to making rude comments and picking fights with faceless, nameless people on internet flight sim boards that are provided free of charge. It is much more fun than road rage, and far less dangerous, and should be taken advantage of while still available.

Jan Roar Rød

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...