Gå til innhold

FPI VS Vatsim og SB3

O85_

Anbefalte innlegg

Tittet litt på forumene til SB3 og kom over en tråd. Må si at jeg har stilt meg skeptisk til FPI tidligere men da på grunn av lite traffic og ATC... Jeg kom over denne Videoen ""(Right click,lagre mål som) som jeg rett og slett fikk "hakaslep" av! Så "smoothe" bevegelser trodde jeg det aldri kunne bli noe av, men det har vist seg at FPI er bygget på P2P prinsippet! noe som ikke SB3 er eller kommer til å bli.. DVS. at SB3 aldri kommer til å få så "glatte" bevegelser ""

Her er et utdrag av hva Joel (han som utvikler SB3) sier:

"This thread is kind of making me feel nervous. Lots of people seem to understand what SB3 will do and what it won't, and are already comparing it to FPI's pilot client without even having seen SB3.

FPI took a unique approach. I ultimately decided not to do P2P connections because I didn't want a lot of firewall hassles, like the ones that currently exist with Roger Wilco. I'd be interested to know in practice if FPI's client suffers from firewall complications when hundreds of people fly on their network. As Dave pointed out, there aren't a lot of people on that network so we won't know if that's a problem for them in practice until that time. This is not intended as a criticism towards their work, BTW. The video is cool.

Much of what I would *really* like to do with SB3, I am not able to do owing to the fact that I am sticking to the existing protocol that was written to work between the original SquawkBox and ProController. There are many problems with that protocol that reflect a basic lack of understanding about data flow in online games. But that's a whole other topic.

So SB3 will hopefully be a reflection of the best I was able to do in the framework in which I am doing it. Key to this will be: better program stability (i.e. it doesn't crash), greatly improved usability (i.e. it's easier for beginners, and experienced users can do what they want with minimal hassle), and some improvement to plane interpolation.

To address the interpolation issue: I have improved things somewhat, but it is not ideal. Control surfaces will not animate, lights will not work, and the updates will not be as smooth as perhaps they are on FPI. That is because of the protocol. I am committed to working with the other developers after SB3's release to improve this situation however. This may include a total re-hash of the existing protocol.

In the meantime, having a more usable and stable SquawkBox client that runs on VATSIM will hopefully benefit the community as a whole.

I hope I have made my intentions clear, and I encourage everyone to not jump to conclusions about what SB3 will or won't do."

Men jeg lurer på hvordan FPI takler 500 online ""

Synspunkter?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...