Gå til innhold

VATSIM / IVAO

Jon Arve Wålberg

Anbefalte innlegg

Dette kan vel være til hjelp i så måte:

A) I re-post this reply from VATSIM founding member Harv Stein:

"As most of you know, I never read newsgroups or Forums, unless asked to by members on a specific topic. Such is the case with this response. Maybe we can point to it next time this topic comes up.

When Satco was formed, it was the only online organization of its kind in the world. A gentleman named Morten Hansen was the European director for Satco Europe. I will not get into any details but Morten and Randy Whistler, the Executive Director of Satco had some differences in ideas for Satco and Satco Europe. Morten and Randy decided to part company and Morten formed IVAO. In 2001* the organization known as Satco was closed and VATSIM took over all the responsibilities and membership of Satco in a virtual seamless manner. Today the 2 main organizations worldwide are VATSIM and IVAO.

Of course I am partial to VATSIM. I had a part in forming VATSIM, but, I also have had dealings with Morten and his organization. I personally have always found Morten to be a gentlemen and dedicated to his organization and to our hobby.

Our organizations have differences and different philosophies, but the goal in both is to Learn, Enjoy and Have Fun. The one question I get

asked all the time is, why don't the 2 organizations merge into one. Well, over the years, the differences we have and the distance between them has grown to the point where a merger just is not in the cards. Besides operational and logistical problems, there is always the issue of Politics.

No matter how we try, politics will always be a part of everything we do. Neither of us is better than the other. We are just different in most things we do. This difference gives the flightsim world choices. To have quality choices in life is something to be thankful for. I am so glad that our community has choices in VATSIM or IVAO. Both are quality organizations with top notch people running them. Lets all be thankful that both exist.

Blue Skies Always.

Harv.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...