Gå til innhold

Kjendis-fligth til Butte

Anbefalte innlegg

Enda en story fra dagens oppdrag. Godt dere får trimma litt engelsk syns jeg :D

Vil gjerne ha kommentarer på godt og vondt på bildene, hva som kan gjøres bedre og hva som duger ;)

----------------------

After a lot of sleep after my Newspaper flight I was again ready for more flying. The dispatcher had told med that there was a famous singer coming to Anchorage from Juneau and she was going to sing in Butte.

The weater was great as last night and this morning and latest reports told me that her plane was due to land at 19.00. This made it a close race to get her to Butte before the show at 20.00 same evening.

I went out to the Beaver at 18.30 to be all ready for the flight as soon as her plane landed. She was taking a business jet I was told.

The plane arrived punctual and soon we was ready for the trip to Butte loaded with her luggage and all.

PickUp.jpg

It was a lovely evening and this should be a great flight, even the flight to Shirly Lake with the medical staff which would assist in a huge industrial accident nearby.

The flight out to Butte went fast, and I had great company. The singer, I can not tell you her name you know. We have discretion in the company :)

taxi.jpg

Tower.jpg

During the flight to Butte the dispatcher called me about a delay from Butte to Shirly Lake. The medical staff would not be ready to leave until 21.15. Well, this would be a late night for me before I was back in Anchorage. The singer told me that instead of waiting in the plane I could come to the show. She would arrange transport back to the airport at 21.00 if this was ok.

After landing I shut down the aircraft and did enjoy an hour of her great show.

Butte.jpg

When I arrived at the airport the medical staff had just arrived. We loaded the Beaver and soon we was airborne heading for Shirly Lake.

LeavingButte.jpg

LeavingButte2.jpg

They told me that a boiler at the plant exploded and that at least 15 persons was injured. The medical staff was needed at the local hospital to take care of the injured people. The flight to Shirly Lake was lovely. Just as an Alaskan evening could be in great weather.

Enroute.jpg

After 20 minutes we reached Shirly Lake and I was going to land at the nearest airstrip. It was small, but no problem for a bush pilot. Then I got a problem.. the landing gear would not release.. I tried a couple of times and at last I got them out. Strange thing, I had to remember to let the engineers take a look at this in Anchorage.

Lake.jpg

After unloading the passengers and lugage I started the flight back to Anchorage. This was one of the flight that I would remember for a long time.. I just had a great time enjoying the weather and the view.

ToPANC.jpg

Soon I arrived Anchorage and I decided to do a waterlanding as I would not have any problems with the landing gear again.

Arriving.jpg

After the landing and a note to the engineers I went back to my appartment, thinking of what adventure my dispatcher would give me next time. Always something new happening in Alaskan Winds.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...