Gå til innhold

6 stk Thales Display fra Nimrod tilsalgs

Ivar Hestnes

Anbefalte innlegg

• Members

6 stk Thales display fra Nimrod tilsalgs. Dette er militære displayer som jeg svært optimistisk kjøpte med tanke for å bruke i en Boeing sim. Vanskelig å finne dokumentasjon siden de er militære. Disse displayene er noe mindre i størrelse og er mest sannsynlig korrekt til Airbus størrelse. Jeg har ingen mulighet eller kompetanse for å få liv i disse. Dette er jo da kvadratiske displayer som er supervanskelig å få tak i. Fint prosjekt for en som er elektronikk ekspert kanskje eller så er de supre bokstøtter som jeg da har brukt de til. 5 stk display er urørt og ett stk er åpna for å prøve å finne noe vettig info fra selve displayet. Selges samlet for 3000 og må helst hentes da de er tunge og vanskelige å pakke skikkelig. 

Jeg nås på telefon 90999810 eller på PM

IMG_20200728_151137.jpg

IMG_20200728_151127.jpg

IMG_20200728_151148.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi, I came across this as I bought one. Sorry for posting in English, I used Google translate to find this site. If you still have these units you might find it useful that they need 28V DC but quite a lot of current. They take over 5 amps; mine the fan spins and it attempts to light the display but then shuts down as my PSU can't supply the current they need. They do seem to take an analog video signal either component video or sync on green as they have the coax connectors and analog video amplifier chips on the processor card. They have a resolution of 768x768 pixels but signal frequency and type is unknown. They are based on the displays used in the Airbus A330 and A340 however the pinouts and processor card is different. Power pinout is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qycidtc8aomlw50/Nimrod%20LCD%20power%20connections.jpg?dl=0

I've sent mine back to the seller for a replacement as it was water damaged. I'd love to know how to get it working - they are very difficult to reverse engineer due to how they are constructed and the chips are mainly custom with no information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Members

Hi Adrian

I still have the 6 displays. They are for sale as I really dont have any use for them. Have allready spent way too much research time without finding anything useful. I have a copy of Thales LCDU725 maintenance manual which is the closest you can get I think. But it is not 100% accurate to this display. Only gives clues as I assume it is based on this display.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 19.10.2020 at 17.05, Ivar Hestnes said:

Hi Adrian

I still have the 6 displays. They are for sale as I really dont have any use for them. Have allready spent way too much research time without finding anything useful. I have a copy of Thales LCDU725 maintenance manual which is the closest you can get I think. But it is not 100% accurate to this display. Only gives clues as I assume it is based on this display.

There's a few on eBay here in the UK at 55 pounds each but they have all suffered water damage & there's one at 220 UK pounds but that hasn't sold for months. You might have some luck trying to sell them on eBay but I wouldn't imagine you would get more than 60 Euros for them. I've also heard that they are based on the airbus display units but they are different inside except for the main controller board which is common to all units. Just the rear board and plug in board is different. I don't know how accurate this information is though. Would you be willing to share that manual? Wouldn't mind having a look as a matter of interest.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Members
2 hours ago, Adrian Smith said:

There's a few on eBay here in the UK at 55 pounds each but they have all suffered water damage & there's one at 220 UK pounds but that hasn't sold for months. You might have some luck trying to sell them on eBay but I wouldn't imagine you would get more than 60 Euros for them. I've also heard that they are based on the airbus display units but they are different inside except for the main controller board which is common to all units. Just the rear board and plug in board is different. I don't know how accurate this information is though. Would you be willing to share that manual? Wouldn't mind having a look as a matter of interest.

PM me your email and I can send you the manual. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...