Gå til innhold

Update fra Luthier/1C for IL2: Cliffs of Dover

Marius Sparby

Anbefalte innlegg

Etter nesten en måned med stillhet og en helt vill mengde hyling på 1C's forum, har Luthier i dag kommet med en update :D Diggbart. Without further ado:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for making you wait for an update. Here it is!

We’ve been working very hard on multiple aspects of the game. We are pushing with all our might to have the beta version of the upcoming patch ready… Well, sooner than you might think! If nothing goes wrong, it might even be out this very Friday.

As stated earlier, it’ll contain a beta version of the completely new sound (fewer individual engine models, sparse ambience), revamped color processing algorithms, transparent shorelines, and numerous fixes and improvements. It’ll also contain the Bf-109E-4 and E-4/B and at least one new mid-size online map.

Following that, we have other things in the works. We are finally ready to start knocking out SDKs, with the map making SDK being the first one you’ll see – quite soon, too! We’ll release more details on that, and on the plane-making SDK, after the upcoming beta patch is fully tested and goes live.

We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it.

With that, here’s a short video showcasing the new WIP sound. It’s recorded on a deprecated version of the patch, after which we’ve toned down the ocean colors and filled in the sounds. The biggest omission is the turbine whine of the Daimler-Benz. Don’t worry, you’ll hear it in the actual patch.

(I didn’t want to make an update without the video, and by the time I finally captured and spliced it together, the game version advanced way ahead. And by the time I make a new video of the sound as it is today, you’ll all be playing it yourselves!)

[video:youtube]

Kan ikke si annet enn at jeg gleder meg til denne. Få ting var så morro som å fly rundt og angripe targets of opportunity i IL2:1946, slik som tog, biler, militære kolonner etc. I tillegg ser det ut til at den nye lydmannen for CLoD gjør en sinnsykt god jobb!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Vel, da er Beta-patchen her. Har akkurat blitt ferdig med en ståpels-tur i den nye ME109 E-4'en, og du dæven og mye bedre dette ble. Ikke bare virker det som om som om simmen ble sinnsykt mye mer smooth (hadde noen stutters i lav høyde mens jeg var i en dogfight med en Spit), men lyden.... Lyden er rett og slett bare noe helt sinnsykt mye bedre. Til de av dere som har spilt 1946 med noen av soundmoddene, så vil dere kjenne dere igjen ganske kraftig.

1C har kapret samme mann som lagde lydsystemet til Rise of Flight, og han har bygd opp hele lydsystemet i CLoD fra bunnen av. Denne patchen har første versjon. Er fortsatt litt jobb igjen (synes plystringa fra 109'en var litt for fremtredende, og motorlyden manglet litt av bassen), men en soleklar forbedring.

Her er patchnotes for dagens beta-patch:

BETA NOTE

* ENGLISH README: This readme is only partial;

* SOUND: Still working on the content for the new engine, but many of the features are already present in this build;

* MAPS: No new missions are provided for these in the beta version of the patch.

MAIN

* Drastically reworked graphic algorithms dealing with in-game color;

* Rewrote the sound engine from scratch;

* Added three new multiplayer maps: Steppe (medium), Fields (small), and Scimitar (small);

* Updated multiplayer GUI to allow users to easily select a position in an existing plane.

* Added two new aircraft - Bf. 109 E-4 and Bf. 109 E-4/B. These two are equipped with MG/FF-M cannons and so make use of the famous Minegeschoss.

AIRCRAFT - MAIN

* Reworked routines for gyro bombsights;

* Removed allusion to Engine 4 from He 111 model;

* Improved memory consumption for multi-crew aircraft;

* Airborne status is now checked correctly even if the aircraft in question departed prematurely;

* Landing status should be applied correctly when ditching in water;

VISUALS

* Reworked bombardier cockpits in aircraft so affected (He. 111 and Ju. 8 to accomodate new Lotfe gyro routines;

* Small caliber bullet hits on the ground now show difference in material being hit;

* Modifications in Blenheim's damage visuals;

* Added a range of visual SFX for higher-caliber guns;

* New bombsight visuals in Blenheim bombardier's cabin;

* Returned the famous Il-2 stall sound effect;

* Doubled the distance at which the tracers can be seen.

PHYSICS & A.I.

* Increased Lotfe bombsight gyro operational limit to 15 degrees of aircraft roll / pitch;

* Lotfe type bomb sight now stabilizes aiming platform to horizontal plane;

* Removed sudden jump in view angle when viewing through Lotfe ocular and moving bomb sight elevation for the first time in the flight;

* Increased side slip input limit to +/* 30 degrees for the Lotfe bomb sight;

* Made Kurssteuerung mode 2 for level bombers. This mode will also stabilize the aircraft in level flight;

* Reworked motor startup routines to accomodate new options available in the new sound engine;

* Adjusted ricochet angles on firm surfaces;

* Redesigned bomb sight in Blenheim and made it easier and more realistic to use;

* Blenheim bomb sight plane is now adjustable to reflect changes in plane AoA in level flight. Correction is applied automatically over a period of sustained flight and can compensate up to 3 degree changes in plane attitude;

* Fixed issue where overstress would inflict damage to airframe regardless of the Vulnerability difficulty setting.

NETWORK

* Changes to bombs' detonators setup will now be carried over once applied without the need to rejoin the server;

* Increased Lotfe bombsight gyro operational limit to 15 degrees of roll / pitch. This will give more tolerance to aircraft maneuvers as strict limits put too much obstacle to communication between bombardier and pilot while playing on-line;

* When flying as a bombardier, you should now use "Aircraft - Drop Ordnance (Bombs)" key (instead of "General - Fire Current Weapon" key) to drop bombs. This will remove confusion of on-line bombardier players who could not drop bombs using the key we're accustomed to.

AIRCRAFT - MISC.

* Decreased bombsight altitude indents by ten times. This will give you more control of the altitude input and make bomb sight aiming more precise;

* You can now switch off the boost cut-out control in Spitfires.

Orignial tråd på 1C's forum, med download-links.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Veldig usikker, Finn. 1C har endret det meste som har med campaigns å gjøre i forhold til hvordan det var i 1946.

Enkleste vil være å sjekke litt her og sjekke om noen der har klart det.

Det jeg også har sett har kommet på plass, er både en DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) og Hyperlobby-support. De som har flydd IL2 mye vet at disse to er utrolig hjelpsomme. Hyperlobby-støtte er noe Online-communityen til CLoD har ropt etter, siden server-systemet til Steam funker balle for CLoD. Veldig bra for det meste annet, men totalt ræva for CloD.

Uansett blir det morro å følge med hva 1C kommer opp med videre. De har en stor overaskelse på lur som de ikke vil si noe om enda, så det kan bli en finfin høst for oss Combatflightsimmere.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Premium Medlem

Takk for oppdateringer og for at du følger med, Marius !!

Jeg sliter enda med skuffelsen over hva denne simmen var, da den ble gitt ut, men holder et lite øye på utviklingen. Tror snart tiden er inne for å prøve den på nytt, så når sommeren slipper taket her oppe i syden, skal den få nye sjanser :grin: .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hehe, nada problem, Ernst.

Skuffelsen var stor, ja, men det kommer seg med rykk og napp. En gang i fremtiden vil nok simmen komme opp på et godt plan, men det er et stykke igjen før den når tronen over WWII Combatsims enda.

6 måneder til, og mye vil nok være gjort. Bare det at lydene nå er veldig mye bedre hjelper betraktelig.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Premium Medlem

Kjempeflott att du holder oss orientert om dette Marius.Ja,lyd er alfa omega.Spiller ingen rolle hvor flott ett slikt spilll er visuelt om der ikke er realistiske lyder.Jeg var med IL fra starten av og endte opp med 1946 og i sin tid fikk vi lydene fra AAA med enginesoundmod 093 som ga ett skikkelig løft til dette spillet.Problemet har jo vært lite villighet fra utvikler til å gi frittstående utviklere muligheten for videre modding.Enginesound var jo en del av dette som var så hardkodet att vi måtte vente lenge med å få noe skikkelig løft på dette helt til noen russere knekte koden for dette.Det samme ser ut for å skje med COD og i tilegg så skal man forholde seg til STEAM :cry:.Utvikler ønsker full kontroll i alle bukter og ender så man er prisgitt for en lang tid hva som måtte komme fra den siden.Nu er det vel mange som har måttet sitte som betalende betatestere for dette også,men håper som Ernst sier att man kan jo håpe på att dette blir så bra til slutt att man kan gi det en ny sjangse.Ser fram til flere oppdateringer om COD da jeg ikke kategorisk skal si att jeg ikke vil gi det en sjangse en dag og gå til innkjøp.WW2 combatsim kan være knakende interesant om det er på ett realistisk nivå :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Da var det fredag igjen, og det betyr mer nyheter fra Ilya og 1C!

Dagens nyheter finner du her!.

For de av dere som ikke gidder/orker å stikke innom 1C's forum, så gjengir jeg ting her:

Hi everyone,

Quick status update here.

Thank you all for testing the patch. We are continuing to work on the color scheme. Most of the commonly reported beta patch problems have been addressed, save for a few more complex newly introduced graphical glitches. We’re continuing to improve and expand the new sound.

The live version of the patch is tentatively scheduled for next Friday the 23rd. Please for the love of all that is holy note the word “tentatively” in the previous sentence.

We’ve also been playing with stereoscopic 3D for the game. This is NOT the secret feature everyone’s been emailing me about. Nevertheless, it’s really awesome and it really, well, adds another dimension to the game. Coupled with TrackIR it makes the game absolutely mind-boggling.

If you have a compliant monitor and glasses, please enjoy the attached screenshots. Otherwise – sorry, they most likely don’t work like magic eye, so don’t stare at them for too long!

Utelot de stereoskopiske bildene som de har lekt med, men det ser utrolig fett ut. Nesten så jeg vurderer å bytte ut ATI-kortet mitt med en nVidia-kort igjen :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...