Gå til innhold

Ny Flight Simulator?

Gunnar Fidjeland

Anbefalte innlegg

Does working on a small, innovative team that delivers the most immersive flight experiences available today on the PC intrigue you?

Hvis ja, - så er det vel bare å søke!!! :D

Link

Legg merke til "on the PC".

Our technology makes available entire continents - potentially the entire planet - for a detailed and dynamic 3D experience.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

En av utviklerene som nylig fikk sparken, blogger:

February 03

Back to Work!

I am VERY happy to say that I am now back to doing something productive at Microsoft. My job is basically the same as it was before, but working on a different product (not yet announced and thus doesn't publically exist).

I am also happy to say that I have several interviews to conduct in the coming week or so and more folks should be joining me in the world of employment soon.

What a relief!

"My job is basically the same" - skriver Paul Lange.

There is a lot of work to do and a short time to get it all going. It will be quite a long time before I will be able to talk about my new work..."

som er - "basically the same"......

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Animasjon er animasjon uansett hvilket spill/simulator det er

Så når Microsoft spør om det å jobbe i et lite - "innovative team that delivers the most immersive flight experiences available today on the PC intrigue you", - så søker de i realiteten etter en person som synest det må være spennende å videreutvikle dyrepark-simulatoren Zoo Tycoon? :crazy:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Avsim news:

Imagine for a moment a “live” simulator that has as its core a “Flight Unlimited” like virtual world. You can fly around a very small part of the world in the default system, but to add to your simulation world, you have to purchase the additional scenery from MS. You want more than a 172, a Baron, or a 737? Simple, purchase it via the Live system.

Imagine for a moment the availability of liveries that would be made available. Without approval by the airlines, you can imagine the lack of variety in the “live” modeled aircraft. Under the present arrangement, freeware is seen as free advertising for the United’s, American’s, Lufthansa’s and others of the world. Insert the dollar into the equation, and it is reasonable to expect that our current arrangement with carriers would evaporate. Would MS consider providing freeware via its live system? Don’t hold your breath – too many liability concerns, copyright infringement risks, product support and management issues to take on for free.

What about VATSIM, IVAO and the plethora of other peripheral attractions that we now benefit from? Imagine paying to connect to VATSIM for an hour or two of supervised flight. Spend some time thinking about the ramifications of this, and it only gets scarier.

We have a simple new reality to face up to; Microsoft has changed their business model as regards the flight simulation genre and we are seeing the first steps of that new model taking hold. We can assume that a “live” version will entail online subscription costs per month or year, and additional add-on’s will cost us.

:crazy:

http://www.avsim.com/

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Litt ekstra info:

Closing the studio was not a reflection of the quality of the products Aces has developed, the sales performance of the games, or the quality of the team at Aces. This difficult decision was made to align Microsoft’s resources with our strategic priorities.

Microsoft Game Studios is investing significant resources in many exciting and new areas of gaming and entertainment, including Windows games. We believe these future investments will push innovation, community, and collaboration to unprecedented levels and will provide more synergy with our ongoing investments in Games for Windows - LIVE as well as other Windows entertainment technologies.

Patrick Cook

Microsoft Game Studios

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=192725

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...