Gå til innhold

Tassie VFR Part II

Anbefalte innlegg

(Fortsatt forbanna lat)

Hi again,

My last post ended at Lagoon Bay, so I'll pick it up from there now.

After I landed at Lagoon Bay I headed up to a nearby farm. I was thirsty and I was looking for a few coldies.

I met a guy who told me that I would get a whole case of coldies if I did him a favour. Of course, I said.

He had an aircraft in the barn that he wanted to be flow to George Town... It was a special aircraft that had come a long way from it's home.

I took one look at the aircraft...I cried a bit(Homesick you know)...grabbed the case of beer and jumped into the aircraft and fired her up.

The first leg would bring me west over Boomer Bay, Connellys Marsh and Dodges Ferry towards Hobart Airport before heading north to Lake Tiberias and Jericho Airfield.

VFRQuest21.jpg

VFRQuest22.jpg

VFRQuest23.jpg

VFRQuest24.jpg

VFRQuest25.jpg

VFRQuest26.jpg

VFRQuest27.jpg

VFRQuest28.jpg

VFRQuest29.jpg

VFRQuest210.jpg

VFRQuest211.jpg

VFRQuest212.jpg

VFRQuest213.jpg

VFRQuest214.jpg

VFRQuest215.jpg

VFRQuest216.jpg

VFRQuest217.jpg

At this point I started to get very low on fuel and after a short stop I took off and sat course towards Launceston for some fuel.

This leg was flown using VOR navigation.

VFRQuest218.jpg

VFRQuest219.jpg

VFRQuest220.jpg

VFRQuest221.jpg

VFRQuest222.jpg

I admit that those beers started to look mighty good in the back of the aircraft, so after refuel I couldn't wait to get airborne again for my final leg to George Town.

VFRQuest223.jpg

VFRQuest224.jpg

VFRQuest225.jpg

VFRQuest226.jpg

VFRQuest227.jpg

VFRQuest228.jpg

VFRQuest229.jpg

VFRQuest230.jpg

Thanks for joining me on this flight across Tassie. Now I'm going to enjoy a few beers.

Next time I'll cross the Banks Strait on my way to Flinders Island before crossing the Bass Strait hopefully with the help of the lighthouses.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i diskusjonen!

Du kan poste innlegg nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en brukerkonto kan du logge inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet …

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Opprett ny...